Kinefac Corporation is recognized as a world leader in precision metal forming technology providing innovative manufacturing solutions to the automotive, aerospace, medical, defense, power generation and other industries since 1962. Kinefac develops and manufactures precision metal forming machinery, dies, and systems from its world class facility in Worcester, Massachusetts.
Our growing company seeks a self-starting, resourceful, and detail-oriented field service engineer with mechanical and electrical background to perform field service and provide technical support on Kinefac equipment at customer sites. We supply a range of equipment for rolling, turning, extrusion, coiling, and other manufacturing processes.
- Develop a basic knowledge of Kinefac machine tool construction, setup, and operation.
- Communicate directly with customers to identify service needs and coordinate schedules.
- Perform mechanical and electrical field service at customer sites, domestically and internationally.
- Generate detailed pre and post service reports for internal and customer distribution.
- Troubleshoot customer problems over the phone and on site.
- Collaborate on improvements in machine and control system design.
- Support machine debug and runoffs at Kinefac and customer sites.
- Assist with machine mechanical and electrical assembly as needed.
- Strong communication skills in team-based environment.
- Customer interaction skills.
- Hands-on experience with mechanical and/or electrical devices.
- Understanding of mechanical/electrical detail and assembly drawings.
- Understanding of basic measurement tools such as micrometer, caliper, dial indicators.
- Hand-on experience with machine shop equipment.
- Strong computer skills involving Microsoft Office, SolidWorks, and AutoCAD.
- Bachelor of Engineering Degree preferred, or equivalent industry experience.
- Background in thread rolling machine setup and operation.
- Ability to identify worn or damaged machine components by measurement tools and evaluation procedures.
- Customer interfacing and communication.
- General machine tool setup and operation.
This is an on-site position at our facility in Worcester, MA with frequent domestic and international travel requirements.
Kinefac Corporation offers a comprehensive benefits package including medical and dental insurance, worker’s compensation, short and long-term disability insurance, life insurance, 401(k) tax deferral plan, and a family-owned and oriented, professional, and collaborative environment.
If you are a self-motivated team player, are seeking an excellent opportunity with an award-winning global manufacturer and are eager to learn more about becoming a key part of our team, please submit your resume.
Kinefac Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer.